Friday, May 30, 2014

A Marathon???

So after finishing the Tough Mudder I began to think what my next running challenge should be. I have competed in the shorter long distance races like 5 and 10K's numerous times and I have finished a half marathon. What should come next? After talking to a friend who is an avid marathoner he reminded me that qualifying time registration for the Houston Marathon ends on Thursday, and having already been tossing the idea around about conquering the marathon I made a bold decision. I signed up to run the Houston Marathon in 2015. This will be by far the longest race I will complete, and the training will be farther than I have ever pushed myself to run before.

It didn't hit me until I clicked the register button that now I actually have to do this; I can't just talk about wanting to run a marathon in the future...because now I am committed to doing it. I am really excited to begin this new training program and begin pushing myself further, and I am also dreading this major shift out of my comfort zone with training. My goal is to run under 3 hours and 35 minutes so that I can qualify for the Boston Marathon!! Wish me luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment