Monday, March 10, 2014

A Poem for Everyone...My Dear,

This poem is dedicated to everyone who has been made fun of by classmates, coworkers, and strangers. To everyone who is constantly misunderstood. To everyone who has had their words and actions taken out of context and subsequently used against them. To everyone who has been publicly humiliated. To everyone who has felt the sting of rumors. To everyone who has felt unwanted. To everyone who has felt out of place in this world filled with clicks. To everyone who knows people do not want to give you a chance. To everyone who hides their pain from the world.

You are stronger than everyone who tears you down. You turn the other cheek and rise above. You are constantly the bigger person. You are more loved than you will ever realize. This poem is for you.


My Dear,

I wish you wouldn’t listen
to their pointed words,
allowing them to pierce your heart
puncturing deep inside;
strengthening from emotions
pumping through you.

Roll your eyes
at my ancient wisdom,
and believe I couldn’t possibly know
what it’s like for you now.
Defiantly believe times have changed
How harsh statements shred the skin.

Instead listen to my truths
use them as a defense against their lies;  
understand your flaws
create a unique perfection.
Know that I have always loved you,
and could never stop.
I wish you would listen

to my words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment