Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lost on the Underground

It's official; I have gotten extremely lost on the tube. Yesterday I succeeded in taking two hours to get back to Vandon House when it normally takes only forty minutes. I'll start from the beginning of my drawn out journey.
I get off of work at five o'clock and it is about a twelve to fifteen minute walk to the tube station Old Street. Once at Old Street I need to get on the northbound Northern Line. Now it was particularly congested on the platform, and apparently they have no problem pushing little girls out of the way to get on the train; I tried to get on three trains and never got close because I always got pushed aside...I need to build up my arm strength again so I can actually push back in the future. Anyways, I gave up on taking the fast route home and decided to take the southbound line because it wasn't as crowded. I got on the first southbound Northern Line and got off at Moorgate, the next stop. The station at Moorgate confused me and I ended up going to the wrong platform but I realized my mistake before getting on the wrong train, so I head on over to the Eastbound platform and thought I had gotten there just in the nick of time to jump on the Central Line because that train had yellow poles...proud of myself I sat down and relaxed. Then another bump in the road or tracks in this case. I realized I was not on the Central Line but instead on the Hammersmith & City Line, and by the time I had made this big realization I was at Whitechapel. I got off and tried to figure out how to get back and was relieved to find that the District Line runs at Whitechapel so I go to the westbound platform and wait for the train....waiting...waiting...and finally twenty minutes later the train arrives!!! I double check it's the right train, hop on, find a seat and laugh at myself for getting so turned around on the tube the whole way home. Finally I made it back to Vandon House just in time for our family dinner!

Moral of the story. Double check which train you jump on haha

No comments:

Post a Comment